MPEG-FAQ 4.1: Demo of NVR Digital Media Development Kit
Demo of NVR Digital Media Development Kit
$Revision: 1.2 $
$Date: 1994/08/06 19:49:42 $
We are pleased to make available another release of NVR's digital media
development kit, version 2.0.3. You should already have a license key.
If you don't, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This version has several fixes for bugs and some important improvements
over version 2.0.2. In particular:
- Support added for Alias PIX files
- Support added for playing XING sequences that have illegal syntax
(extra picture info and non-increasing temporal references)
- 400% speed improvement for RGB --> Y/Cr/Cb conversion in the compressor
and imageop (you'll want this if you are compressing any rgb files,
such as SGI rgb files).
- the deinterlace operator (in imageop and the compressor) was broken
in version 2.0.2. You would only notice this if you are compressing
abekas or other interlaced files.
The 2.0.x version is a significant improvement over our last major release,
1.0.4. Briefly, this software offers:
- MPEG video compression
- image processing and compatibility with many image file formats,
including JPEG, TIFF, SGI RGB and others.
- MPEG audio compression
- compatibility with a variety of audio files, including AIFF, AIFC
Sun Audio and Parallax movie files.
- MPEG system multiplexing
- real-time, synchronized playback of any combination of video and audio
files. This means you can play back MPEG video files with AIFF, or
you can play back MPEG system streams containing MPEG video and
MPEG audio. And everything in between
- a variety of tools for converting image file formats and audio file
- a real-time video/audio recording program (Sun and Parallax hardware
The software package is available in several pieces via anonymous ftp to
URL=ftp://nvr.com/pub/NVR-software/ as ]email@example.com via
Look in /pub/NVR-software for the license
agreement and README file. It also contains about 25 megabytes of data and
software, so first fetch the README file and read it to decide what you
need. If you only need the software, you should get one of
depending on the kind of hardware you have.
Turning on the software
If you already have a demo key from us, simply install the software
described above and copy the file $NVRHOME/adm/keys/demokeys from the
previous version into the same place in the new version. Then type:
This will give enable the software as before. If you don't have a demo
key and would like one, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
internet: email@example.com c--Q Q
US: Todd Brunhoff; North Valley Research; `
15262 NW Greenbriar Pkwy; Beaverton, OR 97006 -
Phone: (503) 690-2357
Fax: (503) 690-2320